Things I love about the morning subway commute:
1) The gray-haired man who plays violin at the top of the escalators at Grand Central on Fridays. He always acts like you dropped a million dollars in his case even if you just gave him some change.
2) The man who hands out AM New York outside the 33rd St. 6 train station, sings “Free paper!” and “TGIF New York!”
3) The breakfast cart man with a wedding ring.
4) The view of the sun glinting over the canal near Citifield as the 7 train crawls out from underground and climbs over Roosevelt Avenue.
5) Looking into the wine stained glass windows of an old warehouse near Queensboro Plaza as the train curls around the building.